How to Apply
You may apply in either one of two ways:
(b) Using printed form
- Click here to download the membership application form
- Print the application form and fill it out completely
- Mail it in to ISCN with your membership dues included as a check and/or with your auto deduction authorization. Alternatively, you may hand it over to a Council member or drop it off in person at ISCN. Please mark the envelope “Membership Application” and address it to the Membership Committee.
- Await confirmation of the acceptance of your application.
If you have not heard from us in two weeks, please get in touch with the head of the Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of your application. Alternatively, you may call the membership committee at (951) 523-7658.
How to make membership payment
To make membership payment
- Go to www.coronamuslims.com and click on Donate button or click HERE to go to donation module directly.
- Fill the required information and make sure to select Membership payment as the payment category.
- When making payment, there is a note field at the bottom. This field can be used to provide any extra details.
- Member can only make membership payments for his/her spouse, children, parents and parents in law. Everyone else must pay their own membership.
- Please be sure to provide details in the notes field if paying for more than 1 person.
Membership in ISCN shall be a privilege. All adult Muslim legal residents of the U. S. are eligible to become members provided they
- Believe in Allah (Most Exalted) as the only God and accept the Prophet Mohammad (peace be on him) as his final prophet and messenger.
- Regard the Glorious Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) as the only sources of Islam.
- Agree fully with the philosophy of the Society as described in Section 5.01 of the ISCN By-Laws.
Membership Types and Dues
Dues shall be paid in advance annually or through auto-deduction monthly. The annual dues for the various types of membership shall be as follows:
|Individual||:||$120.00 per member||(for those 21 yrs and older)|
|Youth||:||$10.00 per member||(for those less than 21 yrs)|
|Senior||:||$20.00 per member||(for those 60 yrs and older)|
Every member shall be notified in writing / by email regarding his/her membership status. Failure of the society to notify its members does not nullify the right of the society to suspend the membership for lack of payment of dues.
Any or all disputes are subject to binding arbitration as described in the Islamic Society of Corona-Norco by-laws.
An eligible person may become a member of the society by filling out a Membership Application Form and paying the society the membership dues.
There are two categories of member:
New members having fulfilled the requirements of section 5.01.1 of the ISCN by-laws will be associate members for one year. An associate member may serve on committees but may not vote or hold any office.
Members having been associate members for a period of one year may become voting members provided
- their dues to the society are paid,
- they reside within a 15-mile radius of Corona’s City Hall (i.e. their home address fulfills this requirement),
- the board has reviewed and approved their membership application,
- are 18 years of age or older,
- are a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and can furnish proof thereof, and
- have elected to become a voting member.
How do I check if I am a member or not?
Please check your membership status here.
Online system does not show my correct membership status?
Please email your issue to membership committee at email@example.com and membership committee will look into the issue.
I checked my membership and it says, I am not a member, but I thought I am a member. What should I do and How should I get this corrected?
Please email your concerns to membership committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of the issue. Membership committee will address your concerns as soon as possible.
What causes membership to be deactivated?
Membership can be deactivated upon request from a member. Additionally, fail to meet membership obligations as per ISCN bylaws can lead to deactivation of membership.
If membership was deactivated, how it can be activated again?
Once membership is deactivated, member must request to become a member. Once member request to be a member and request is approved by the membership committee, membership will be activated again with an associate member status and membership join date will be the date request was made.
My membership was deactivated but I do not agree with membership committee action. What can I do?
If you have any concerns about your membership or membership status first step is to write to membership committee. You can send email with your concerns to email@example.com or write a letter and give to any member of the membership committee. Once membership committee receive complain in writing, it will investigate the issue and respond back to the person within 2 weeks and inform member with its decision.
If member does not agree with the membership committee decision, member can contact ISCN board of directors with his/her issue. Board of director information can be found on ISCN web site here.